When I first started designing swimsuits, I wanted the brand to represent women shining with their inner light and really feeling comfortable in their own skin. My name, and our brand's name, is Alba which means the period of time between the appearance of sunlight on the horizon until the sun rises and becomes daytime. So, while looking for inspiration, I thought about the meaning of our brand's name and decided that our swimsuits needed to reflect that, therefore we decided to name them after Stars. We want to make women shine and be the STARS of their own lives. #albaenidstars ;)
Our swimsuit's names and the meaning behind them:
- Altais is a yellow star in the constellation of Draco
- Alhena is the third-brightest in the constellation of Gemini
- Adhara is the second brightest naked eye star in the constellation Canis Major
- Alula Borealis, is a double star in the northern circumpolar constellation of Ursa Major
- Ain is an orange giant star located approximately 147 light-years from the Sun in the constellation of Taurus
...all of them are named after a Star starting with an A, except for one! The Alaine style, which is named after my really cute *little* cousin Elaine ;) after she jokingly asked me to name one of our styles after her but starting with an A. That one's for you honey!
Hope you enjoy learning a little more about our story!